export emails (from Mac OS X Mail.app)
updated summer 2014 for Mail 7.x!
This AppleScript saves emails from Mail.app to a user-specified folder.
- Any emails selected in the inbox list will be exported
- Attachments are preserved in the exported email
- Emails are exported in mail format (.eml or .emlx)
- Files are named with their subject, plus a date and time suffix
- Format of the date-time is yearmonthdayATsecondssincemidnight
- example: [OGC News-html] OGC News - April 2009_20090322AT3423
- note: adding date-time to the file name makes it easy to sort a discussion thread chronologically in the Finder